Have you ever felt so impatient to get to the end of a task that you skipped steps of the process to get there?
In some situations, it might be okay to consolidate or gloss over certain steps, but when it comes to making lasting changes within the human heart, every step is crucial: you must follow the Five R’s of Change.
Five R’s of Change
1. First, you have to RECOGNIZE the dark and negative emotions that are clouding your thoughts.
2. Then you need to REVEAL the belief connected to those emotions and the untruths in that belief that are causing you misery.
3. At this point, you can RELEASE the belief and its connections.
4. It’s imperative to then REPLACE the errant belief with new truth.
5. Finally, we have to REPEAT the new belief until it’s the accepted track the brain runs on.
As tempting as it might be to put Band-Aids on our problems by skipping steps, we won’t make real change until we work through every piece of the process.
What can you begin working on changing today?
By Melanie Kasper
liveJoy Founder and Life Coach